Thursday, January 26, 2006

Bult-mania!!

It appears that I'm not the only one blogging about the theologian Rudolf Bultmann lately. Chris Tillman, a New Testament doctoral student in Tubingen, Germany, has recently written a couple of interesting posts on Bultmann's theology, which then prompted Dr. Benjamin Myers in Australia to give his thoughts on the matter. Small world, isn't it? Myers' post, in particular, nicely explains the eschatological character of Bultmann's theology, which is a subject that I neglected in my series.

After this discovery, I may have to retract my earlier statement that Bultmann's "presence on the Internet is scant, to say the least, and almost non-existent in the blogosphere."

1 comment:

Ben Myers said...

It's great to find someone else who has been blogging about Bultmann! I think Bultmann still has a great deal to say to us, and I agree with you: it's very unfortunate that he has so little cyber-presence.

In case you're interested, I have posted on Bultmann dozens of times, including here, here, here, here, here.

Keep up the great work!