Saturday, January 14, 2006

Blog-Improvement Days

Those very few souls that frequent my blog will notice a couple of changes. I've added a "What I'm reading" feature, along with more blog and news links. I've also made the hedgehog the W/O Authority mascot, for a couple of reasons. Firstly, the hedgehog is a quirky and diminutive creature that is definitely "without authority" in the animal kingdom, as its habit of rolling into a ball with its quills pointed out when under attack is cowardly, albeit effective. But the selection of the hedgehog has more to do with that famous saying of the Greek poet: "The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." As Isaiah Berlin pointed out, you're either a hedgehog or a fox, and I'm a hedgehog. While that may sound arrogant, keep in mind that the "one big thing" I know is not mine to possess - it's "the one thing needful".

No comments: