Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Too Hungry, For Dinner at Eight

Sadly, I haven't had much time to blog lately, as I was in Palo Alto for several days running experiments at the Stanford Synchrotron (trust me, it's not as cool as it sounds). The weather in the Bay Area was (to quote Sinatra) "cold and damp", with highs in the low 50's and periodic rain showers. But compared to our current weather in Minnesota, it was paradise.

Thankfully, the plane rides and the long hours spent collecting data gave me plenty of time to read. In particular, I read two works by the German Lutheran author Hermann Sasse - Here I Stand and This is My Body (I have just started reading the latter title). I hope to have something to say about these titles in the future.

In the meantime, please amuse yourself with the song Alando - a tribute to Wisconsin basketball star (and Player of the Year candidate) Alando Tucker. The lyrics, composed by a Madison DJ, are set to the ABBA song "Fernando". Beware - the song will get stuck in your head!!

No comments: